2018 Louis-Antoine Luyt Pet-Nat Pais Rose, Bio Bio Valley, Chile $35.99
A light & lovely naturally sparkling rose of País from Southern Chile; it is delicate, floral, & pink-fruited inspiring an amalgam of potential food companions. Think early Springtime. Super cravable with foods such as chili-lime fruta fresca, persimmons with goat cheese, & sashimi.
2018 Radikon Sivi, Friuli, Italy $42.99
Organic, Orange, Oslavia! 100% Pinot Grigio that undergoes skin-contact for 10-14 days then aged a year in old large Slavonian oak. Unfined and unfiltered, Radikon is the criterion for masterful natural wine. Pair with crispy brown butter trout, curried cauliflower, or roasted lion’s mane mushroom.
2017 Pearl Morissette Metis Rouge, Niagara Peninsula, Canada $34.99
Small-production funky fresh Cabernet Franc made by Francois Morissette -an extremely talented winemaker classically trained in Burgundy under the tutelage of icons Frédéric Mugnier and Jean-Marc Roulot. Metis Rouge proves that Pearl Morissette is redefining Ontario wine. Pair with a charcuterie board, tapenade, & beet tartare with truffle aioli.
Mousse Fils Ratafia “La Vie en Meunier!”
- Mousse Fils is an organic Champagne house in Cuiles making this fantastic & unique vin de liqueur from the pomace of Meunier grapes.
- An incredible alternative to after dinner Ports, Sherries, & Madeiras, Ratafias are a more delicate and versatile choice.
2015 Dunn Napa Valley
- A blend of their legendary Howell Mountain fruit with some purchased valley floor fruit.
- Shows deep cassis and profound woodsiness reminiscent of the 150 year old fir trees surrounding the property atop Howell Mountain.
Dream Pairing: classic, cozy braised short ribs over truffle mashed potatoes
- Old vine Cinsault from Swartland, South Africa
- A rare icon that makes a collectible gift for someone unbelievably patient.
- High toned red fruit minerality…a must-try for a Burgundy lover!
Dream Pairing: Cassoulet
2015 Chartogne-Taillet Extra Brut “Les Orizeaux“:
- 100% Pinot Noir by grower-producer Alexandre Chartogne.
- Minimal intervention winemaking influenced by Anselme Selosse
- Vinified & aged in oak barrels with zero dosage
- Full-bodied, spicy, rich, intense
“These three single vineyard, mono varietal cuvees are hard to find but if you manage to locate a bottle, grab it, pay and run.” –thevinguard.com
Dream Pairing: Lobster Mac & Cheese
Mullineux Straw Wine
This luscious dessert wine is made from raisinated 38-40+ yr old Chenin Blanc from Swartland. Elements of honey, candied ginger, apricot marmalade, & orange flower water.
This wine will compliment a festive cheese board or lemon chiffon cake.
569 cases made.
Samuel Louis Smith Sandstone Terrace Syrah
This surprising cool-climate Syrah is coming from the Santa Cruz Mountains. It is incredibly reminiscent of Cote Rotie in its wild and savory nature with tart dark fruits and florals of lavender and lilac. Organic and minimal-intervention with only 6 barrels made.
Pair with roasted leg of lamb and root vegetables seasoned with rosemary.
Analemma Mosier Hills Mencia
The Mencia grape originally hails from Galicia in Spain, but we have stumbled upon this super cool and rare expression from the Columbia Gorge! This bottling is very structured with tight tannins. But is all about purity of fruit with crushed blueberry & marionberry, violets, & cracked black pepper.
Grilled venison tenderloin with blackberry sauce would mirror this Mencia beautifully.
Only 147 cases made.